In this special bonus episode, I describe how Immigration Leaders can leverage the power of their voice to build their community
Since relaunching the show last week, and launching an open call to action for Leaders within the Immigration community to come on this show and our upcoming video panels, I have received a lot of questions that boil down to two categories.
Why would I want to do this?
How do I go about doing this?
I actually covered both of these, a much more, in an article I wrote for the EB-5 Investors Magazine. So I re-purposed that article, threw in some updates and bring it to you here.
Listen to this show using the web player below or your podcasting app of choice.
Resources I talk about in this article and in this podcast:
Get a webcam like the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
Get a microphone like the Audio-Technica ATR2100 Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
Get a great start and expand your influence by appearing on shows in your industry, such as this one
Start your own show using the Legal Podcasting Resource by Entertainment Lawyer Gordon Firemark
I cover some ground on why you should consider using your voice and the Power of The Podcast. Below are the requirements and steps I outlined in the episode
- Content. Make sure you have something to say before you say it.
- A Platform for Voice & Video. I mention Skype, but Google Hangouts is also gaining in popularity.
- A good webcam and microphone.
The next steps
- Start recording your thoughts. Use a program such as Evernote
- Offer one free consultation per week. I also describe what to do with this time and why I don’t believe in free consults all week
- Appear on other voice or video outlets. We have an open call for leaders on this show. Learn more here.
- Host your own show. Entertainment Lawyer Gordon Firemark just launched a great resource for launching your own Legal Podcast
- Build and cultivate your community. I have a lot to say about this. I will be sharing my thoughts and those of other experts. Please make sure you subscribe to our email list to get this insider information.
- Don’t start from the ‘Basics’
- Be mindful of the large information gap of clients to attorneys
The original article was original written by me and first appeared in the Winter 2015 edition of EB-5 Investors Magazine