In this episode we talk to Immigration Attorney John Gezelius on Proving the Source of US Investment Funds for Entrepreneur and Investor visas
John Gezelius is an attorney in the Los Angeles suburb of Tustin, California. He is a 1978 graduate of the University of California at Berkeley and attended law school at the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California, where he received both a Juris Doctor degree and then later a Master of Law in transnational business and law. He has a transactional practice and his focus is on investment related immigration.
In this episode you will hear:
- A high level description of the EB-5 Visa
- Why it is important to fully document the source of investment funds
- How his background as a US Air Force Intelligence Officer gave him a unique opportunity to detect fraud
- How Money Laundering and Fraud detection is the inverse of proving the source of funds
- The three key sources for fund documentation:
- Why having a trusting and forthcoming relationship with an investor client is key to your mutual success
John also shares with us:
- Immigration Services offered: EB-5 visa representation and source of funds documentation
- Business Advice: Paint a legal picture so that the only answer will be “of course”
- His personal habits that attributes to his success: I’m always afraid of screwing something up, so I often over prepare (and make it easy to find what I have done in the petition).
- Parting Thoughts: I wish I had started sooner, the businesses are fascinating and the relationships are great… I’d have more friends (and contacts) if I had.