In this episode we talk to Franchise attorney Josh Brown about the entrepreneurial aspects of franchising, particularly for immigrants.
Listen to this show using the web player below or your podcasting app of choice.
Josh Brown is a practicing franchise attorney who has built a legal practice around helping entrepreneurs build businesses that scale and grow. He loves helping entrepreneurs, business owners, franchisees and franchisors build profitable businesses that reflect the owners vision and provides value to customers. He speaks, blogs, write articles, and is the creator and host of Franchise Euphoria, a top-rated podcast on iTunes. He has been recognized as a rising star in the Indiana legal community on two separate occasions, and most recently, a Franchise Legal Eagle by The Franchise Times.
In this episode you will hear:
- Before making a decision to get a franchise, it is best to review if the franchise system or the business model works for you
- Reasons why a franchisee needs an attorney
- The average agreement of a franchise is between 5-10 years
- How the franchise agreement affects the foreign national
- Best practices for the franchisee
- Learn about the history of franchise such as the corporate structure
- Know about geographic locations or how the territory is defined
- Check what the current franchisees are doing
- What is the difference between:
- The independent and dependent consultant who may or may not be connected to a franchise network
- The franchise broker who helps a buyer/seller find people for that business
Josh Brown’s parting thoughts:
- People who are considering going to the US and looking at purchasing a franchise should take the time to understand the franchise system.
- Most people rush into something for fear that the opportunity will go away. A good opportunity will still be there even after you have taken the time to look at it.
Josh Brown specializes in:
- Helping people buy franchises the right way
- Helping businesses expand and grow through the franchise model
- Assisting entrepreneurs who are looking to build something that will last and grow with a foundation
Links to resources discussed on today’s show:
If you would like to reach Josh Brown directly, you can do so using the form below.