In this episode we talk to Immigration Attorney Karol Brown on L-1B visas and supporting the Specialized Knowledge Experts of Multinational Businesses.
Karol Brown is the Managing Partner of Karol Brown, Attorneys at Law based in Seattle Washington and has been practicing businesses and family immigration law for 14 years. She holds a Master’s Degree in Public Policy from Harvard University and a law degree from Yale. She has taught Immigration Law at the University of Washington and has founded the Center for Human Rights and Justice at the both the University of Washington and Seattle University law schools.
In this episode you will hear:
- The requirements of the L-1B visa
- How this visa type compares to L-1A, H-1B and O-1 Visas
- The 3 important factors of the L-1B and how to support them in the petition
- Microsoft’s strategy to leverage the blanket L-1B process by opening a center in Canada
- How another company had challenges proving the L-1B visas for two engineers (even after the L-1A executive was working in the US)
- Immigration Reform… Immigration reform, immigration reform. Contact your congressman to tell them you want it too
Karol shares with us:
- Her firm does L-1Bs… but also so much more (business, employment and family immigration law)
- Business Advice: Follow your heart (then work will not seem like work)
- His personal habits that attributes to his success: Treat people how you want to be treated
- Parting Thoughts: Immigration can be ‘ridiculously’ complicated. Seek an immigration attorney
For a limited time, Karol is offering a free, 30 minute consultation for anyone seeking her firm’s immigration services. To take advantage of this offer, please contact her through the form below.