In this episode we talk to Immigration Attorney Josh Adams about the Immigration iOS app he developed for INA, CFR, Practice Manuals and more.
Josh grew up in New England. At age 9, he began creating computer software. During Josh’s undergraduate studies at Dartmouth College, he studied computer science but majored in anthropology. After college, Josh worked as a software engineer for five years and through a series of leveraged opportunities and continuous development, he later became an immigration attorney. Based on his experience as both an immigration lawyer and software developer, Josh created an iPhone/iPad app for specifically immigration lawyers.
In this episode you will hear:
- Details about his Immigration iOS app download here
- His path to software development
- Why he created the iOS app for the immigration community
- How the App can browse the INA, CFR and various Practice manuals
- It’s ability to search, cross reference, bookmark and paste
- How his cat plays and an important part of his marketing (Kidding.. kinda)
Resources discussed on this episode:
- Josh’s Immigration iOS app on the App store
- A Link to Josh’s website (complete with tutorials and cat videos)
- Lawyerist (Every Legal App for iPhone and iPad)
- iPhoneJD (Other good Apple stuff for lawyers)
Josh also shares with us:
- The best advice he has ever received: A previous manager encouraged him to go to law school
- His personal habits that attributes to his success: Persistence (i.e. how 150 hours pays off)
- Parting Thoughts: He listens to and incorporates feedback from his app users. Feel free to reach out to him to make it better.