In this episode we talk to business attorney Natasha Bell about Special Immigration Concerns for Private Placement Memorandums
Natasha is a graduate of Emory University and Duke University School of Law, Natasha is a partner of 360 Venture Law (Shmalo Turner), LLP, a specialized corporate law firm working with emerging growth companies, along with start-up and fast-growing entrepreneurial companies and their investors. Before joining 360 Venture Law, Natasha was the founding member of The Bell Firm, LLC and an attorney with Morris, Manning, and Martin. Prior to her legal career, Natasha was on the staff of a local government official.
In this episode you will hear:
- What is a Private Placement Memorandum and why they are used?
- What does it mean to offer a private security (either through debt or equity)?
- Why do you need at least one exception to offer a debt or equity security privately?
- What is a material disclosure?
- Why are disclosures of risk factors important?
- Various SEC 506 regulations relevant to Immigration:
- Regulation D: Domestic offer
- Regulation S: International offer
- Regulation C: Advertisement of offerings
Natasha also shares with us:
- Best Business Advice: Just Start, you will figure out the rest as you go. “Leap and the net will appear”
- Personal Success Habits: Big read, great listener
- Tool: WiFi. Tech Savvy firm loves to be digitally connected
- Parting Thoughts: If you are in the exciting place in your business development where you need funds, congratulations. She also offers her firm’s help.